Some soups are served as side dishes with meals, and some serve as the main course on their own. The dish “pasta and beans” belongs to the second group. The traditional Italian dish is loaded with pasta, beans, and vegetables, making it so filling that it may easily function as a meal on its own. This is especially true when bits of juicy sausage are added to the pot in the same manner as in this example. With the assistance of the Instant Pot, this incredibly tasty version can be put up as quickly as humanly possible, which is excellent news given that it is certain to become a wintertime favorite for the entirety of the family.
Begin with the Finest Ingredients for a Rich and Flavorful Soup That Can Be Prepared in a Flash
Although certain soups get their best taste from being simmered for a long period, most of us need more time to spare. Therefore, rather than starting from scratch, begin with items that already contain the handmade richness you’re looking for, such as Swanson® Chicken Broth. It is meticulously produced with real chicken flesh and bones cooked low and long for twelve hours before undergoing a one-of-a-kind clarification process to produce a premium double stock with a taste that is both deeper and richer. If you begin with a stock already so full of flavor, you won’t need to spend hours preparing the soup since it will be ready in only a few minutes.
- A total of six cups of Swanson® Chicken Broth
- Three medium carrots
- Two medium stalks of celery
- One yellow onion, medium in size
- Two individual garlic cloves
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of raw Italian sausage, either mild or spicy to taste
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- A quarter of a milligram of freshly ground black pepper
- One can of chopped tomatoes (weighing 15 ounces)
- One can of cannellini beans, which is 15 ounces.
- 1 cup of dried short pasta, such as macaroni, ditalini, or tiny shells, for example
- One piece of the rind from a Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 milligram of dry Italian seasoning, a teaspoon
- Three cups of baby spinach, which is equivalent to around 3 ounces.
- She shaved Parmesan cheese as an accompaniment.
- After completing each step below, combine the following ingredients in a large bowl: After peeling and halving the carrots lengthwise, then cutting them into half-moons approximately 1/4 inch thick, you should have about 1 1/2 cups of carrots. After cutting two medium celery stalks in half lengthwise, roughly chop the celery until you have approximately 1/2 cup. Roughly chop one medium yellow onion, which should equal roughly one cup. Prepare a paste by mincing two cloves of garlic.
- Start the Instant Pot or an electric pressure cooker on the Sauté setting, then add one spoonful of olive oil. After the oil has reached a shimmering state, remove the casings from one pound of Italian sausage, add it to the saucepan, and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up the meat into small pieces until it is no longer pink. After adding the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic, as well as one teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, continue to sauté the veggies for 3 to 5 minutes or until they begin to soften and become more vibrant in color. While everything is going on, open up a can of cannellini beans and drain and rinse them.
- When the veggies are cooked to your liking, stir in the beans. Six cups of Swanson® Chicken Broth, one can of diced tomatoes with their liquids, one cup of short dry pasta, one teaspoon of dried Italian spice, and one Parmesan rind (optional) are the ingredients that should be used to make this dish.
- Please ensure the pressure cooker’s lid is secure and the valve is shut before using it. Prepare the meal in the pressure cooker by setting it at HIGH pressure for three minutes. It will take fifteen minutes until the pressure is at its full level.
- After the allotted cooking time, the pressure should be let to relax naturally for ten minutes. Quickly relieve any pressure that is still present. Stop the cooking process in the pressure cooker.
- Remove the cover and, if applicable, peel off the Parmesan rind. Mix in three cups of spinach and stir until it wilts. Place in bowls then uses a vegetable peeler curved like a Y to shave Parmesan cheese over the top of each serving.